Picture ReTake Day
Picture ReTake Day
PTO Meeting held in the Media Center @ 7:00pm
Picture Day @ Ashland Ridge
Meeting held in the Media Center at 7pm.
New! Absence Request Feature on Infinite Campus
We are excited to introduce a convenient new way to report student absences to your school! The Absence Request tool in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal allows you to report your student’s absence online with just a few clicks. This can be done using your desktop computer or the Parent Portal app on your mobile device.
Entering an absence request is quick and easy. Follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account.
- Select your child’s profile.
- Navigate to the Absence Request section.
- Fill in the required information, including the date and reason for the absence.
- Submit your request.
Visit this Absence Request Guide for detailed information on how to report absences.
Per the student handbook, students who know they will be absent for a reason other than a school-sponsored trip or school-sponsored activity must have a parent notify the school’s office in advance of the absence. This notification can be provided using the Absence Request tool outlined above, or by phone call, e-mail, or written note.
Back to School Night
Tuesday, August 29th
1st and 2nd grade parents: 6:30-7:00pm
3rd and 4th grade parents 7:00-7:30pm
5th grade parents 7:30-8:00pm
5th grade parents band meeting 8:00-8:30pm
Meet The Teacher and Meet a New Job!
Do you love working with kids? Do you want to work at your child’s school? Or how about being a part of an amazing staff family? We’ve got an opportunity for you!
Monday, August 21, is Meet the Teacher night at all Ankeny elementary schools, and you’re invited to participate in onsite interviews for paraprofessional openings in our elementary buildings! Not ready to interview? Staff will be on hand to answer all your questions about this important role in our schools or to reserve a time for a future interview.
Open Paraprofessional openings include:
- General Education (Part-Time 3 days per week)
- General Education (Part-Time 4 days per week)
- General Education (Part-Time 5 days per week)
- Special Education (Full-Time)
- English Learners(Full-Time shared with another building)
Make plans to join us on Monday, August 21, from 4-6 at any Ankeny elementary school building.
NEW! Security Practices – Please Read
One of the great things about Ankeny Schools is the community’s support of our athletics and activities. These events bring thousands of people together to celebrate the achievement of students. Because security is of utmost importance, the district continues to review its practices and identify areas of improvement at such events. As a result, we will be implementing some new security measures this Fall for our activities and events.
Security practices that will continue:
- Grades 6-12 must wear school ID while at the game
- Footballs are not allowed
- No baby powder, confetti, signs, noisemakers
- No weapons (real or look-alike)
- The North gate will remain secured at all times unless a team, band, or emergency personnel need access to the stadium
New security practices:
- Families will be encouraged to ensure that students in grades K-5 be accompanied by an adult
- Entrance to the stadium before an event will not be allowed
- There will be no re-entry after leaving the stadium
- Spectators will not be allowed to bring backpacks and large handbags into the stadium; Diaper bags or medical bags are allowed, but are subject to search
- No outside food or drink
- No access without a ticket or pass, including after halftime
These recommendations are the result of numerous conversations with security experts and a review of our current practices. Security can often be at odds with convenience. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for our students and spectators. We look forward to cheering on the Hawks and Jaguars with you this Fall.
Voluntary student accident insurance
As we gear up for the new school year, we would like to remind all families (PK-12) about Student Assurance Services student accident coverage.
The Ankeny Community School District is not responsible for any accidental injuries that occur to students while under the school’s supervision or participating in interscholastic sports. Our school district has partnered with Student Assurance Services to give families the opportunity to purchase accident insurance for their student(s). When enrolled, this coverage provides financial assistance with your out-of-pocket medical expenses should your student sustain an accidental bodily injury.
Reasons to consider coverage for your student:
1. Your primary health insurance has a high deductible – copay – coinsurance.
2. No other insurance on your student.
3. Your student participates in a sport where unexpected injuries commonly occur.
This coverage provides an added layer of protection for students, especially for those with high deductible health insurance or those who are currently uninsured. In the unfortunate event of a student injury occurring under the school’s supervision, this coverage can be a crucial asset for your family.
While we hope that none of our students will face any accidents or injuries, it is vital to be prepared and have the necessary safeguards in place.
If you have any questions regarding this voluntary student accident insurance program, please contact Student Assurance Services at (800) 328-2739. You will speak with a live person who can assist you with your questions.
Thank you for your attention to this matter, and we look forward to a safe and successful academic year ahead.
Kindergarten Jumpstart in Early August
If you have a child preparing to start kindergarten in the fall remember to sign up for Kindergarten Jumpstart, an early August program designed to prepare new kindergartners for the upcoming school year. The program offers incoming students the chance to explore their school, tour their new classroom, and get excited to start learning. If you haven’t already signed up your child for Kindergarten Jumpstart, now is the time to do so!